Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

July 23, 2005

VARIOUS TIDBITS & $UNDRY 411







SPOTTED...

Surveying the cuban linx of those folks who know somebody who know somebody who know somethin' bout it, I miraculously
discovered this short piece by kris ex, my favorite writers' favorite writer. For the summer. He a talk bout them good-good basement parties heah, reminded me of an old-skool L.A. memory. Somewhere deep off in the hood, off Adams, house party in the basement, nearly dark save the incandescence of a bare red light bulb and the sparkle in my eyes. Windin' drunk and high with O.G. Cuervo from PRZ; Jamaicans and Belizeans eyeing me all the while. Those were the days...


And speakin' of Cuban Linx, ran into Cuban Link @ the airport Friday morning; and I gives a fuck he's scarred...EL ESTA TAN HERMOSILLO, POR VIDA, YA ESTUVO. Not to mention the fact that Tragedy Khadafi and Raekwon are in the studio NOW recording a collaborative LP (hopefully Trag didn't divulge that in confidence, I know people forget I'm the media sometimes). Don't know what it's called, but I'm only built for intelligent hoodlums.

Back to
Exo, the undisputed King of Flatbush, here he is with Danyel Smith. I'm still in the midst of reading her BLISS; my copy is becoming worn, having travelled from San Gabriel to Burbank Airport to Cedars Sinai hospital (where Easy E and B.I.G. and my Grandfather went back to the essence) to Long Beach to Compton to Venice to Marina Del Ray to Laurel Canyon (where I was born at home in the floor) and back to San Gabriel. Those who know me on the personal, bug out how I'm only 50 pages in and it's taken me weeks to read that much. So far Bliss's main charactress Eva's been to some conventions, had some drinks, done some men, and she's too much like me for me to read without flashing back to Mixshow Power Summit in Puerto Rico. Or Gavin in SF, or San Diego; or Urban Network in Palm Springs. Except I never made it to Eva status. Or at least not yet.

I'm now working with and for HIEROGLYPHICS IMPERIUM. My first priority is Casual a/k/a Smash Rockwell's LP which streets in September. His song Oaktown has been remixed and features Richie Rich, Too $hort, and G-Stack of the Delinquents with Smash on production of this slumpin track.
Email me if you want to check it out - DJs, Press, Tastemakers, etc. Also in stores NOW is Opio's critically-acclaimed solo LP Triangulation Station...check a review from Peter Agoston here courtesy of American Hunger. With regard to all things Hiero, I'll say it here with exclusivity and impugnity; when I say I love their music, artistry, and business acumen - I said it, I meant it, and I'm here to represent it - 'cause I've been down with them since '93, and I will be 'til Infinity...the paycheck is just gravy and gravity.

HIERO has just embarked on a three-month tour with O.C. and BoomBap, and if you've yet to see their live show get that ass to the nearest venue stat...check the
tour schedule right here!

If U haven't already, check out the audio samples here for
J-Minix, my new favorite Yay Area MC. His new LP, Hustle Hard, Play Hard is currently rocking the box here @ P2P, and he has this album cut with B-Legit, D-Shot, & A-to-the-K that IS the one thang that got me trippin, plus that bi'ness!

In addition to any $$ donations to match the generous BlogHer scholarships from Nancy White/Full Circle Associates, N.O. MC Truth Universal and my own Old Earth; we're looking for a slightly-used Bedazzler for the upcoming t-shirt lines - not to mention a minidisc recorder, cordless phone, phone tap, and a digital camera - or gift certificates from
Carol's Daughter and/or their Jamaican Punch Gift Set. Send any/all to P2P, 115 E. B'Way, Box 203, SG, CA, 91776. Like the Queen of Afro-British Soul, SADE, says "Every day is Christmas, and every night, is New Year's Eve!"

5 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger mr.kamoji said...

congrats for the heiro gig...

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that intelligent hoodlum & chef collabo is definetly good news!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Q said...

Hey yo...

When Hiero comes out to Colorado on August 30, you should roll through... we can connect!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I wanted to share this with you. Are you tired of the Internet Marketing Rat Race? small home based business list


Check this out when you have time :-)

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever it is,* you can get it here newcordless combo kit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home