Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

April 15, 2005

I'd Pay My Taxes, But What Would I Be Buying?


This is how we chill...12 years later...>

First of all, today's April 15, 2005 and I want to give a massive Happy Born Day greeting to one of my dear friends, A-Plus from Souls of Mischief/Hieroglyphics crew. Born just 9 days apart, he's an old soul like me and even though it's been some years, he'll always be close to my heart. He's finally about to drop the solo album his fans have been waiting for, and you can listen to a cut called "Leave Me Alone" on the front page at
Hieroglyphics.

Now, with regard to the tax thing, I just have to share this with ya'll. I would have filed this year, BUT I had a little problem. WHY DID I JUST RECEIVE MY TAX STATEMENTS FROM THE SOURCE PUBLICATIONS IN THE MAIL YESTERDAY???!!! Yes, yesterday, April 14. It's just one more brick in the wall of ludicrous lack of professionalism and standard business practices on their part. And now I have to give props to the other bloggers who've been relentless of late in covering the source drama...in no particular order

Jeff Chang
Danyel Smith
Hip Hop Logic
Byron Crawford
Adisa "The Bishop" Banjoko
Davey D
Mr. Irreverent

Well, I'm out for now. I'm soooo sleepy and I have mad shit to do in preparation for the
B-Girl Be gallery opening on April 22, not to mention to actual summit. Have I mentioned that Kuttin Kandi, Psalm One, Lady Pink, Martha Cooper, Asia One, and special guests from NYC, The Bay, Chi, and L.A. will also be in the house?! But I'll be back soon with another installment on the FHHC. For now those thirsting for FHHC info should check Davey D and Moya Bailey.

Until next time, don't forget to pay your taxes (if you're not like me), listen to some Hip Hop today, or read a book. And, as always, be easy...

11,
MJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home