Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

August 15, 2005

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS











Who knew that moving back home to the West Coast would land me smack dab in the middle of the Lone Star State?

Thanks in part to a plethora of televisions in my new digs, replete with digital cable, Tivo, and all that old 'hood shit; I've contracted a rare affliction...HOUSTONITIS. Symptoms include 1) Swooning whenever I see Bun B in a video or hear his sizzirup-slow flow on a song; 2) tourette-like blurtings of "Who? Mike Jones! I said!!" at the most inopportune moments; 3) a greatest-love-of-all-esque feeling when Paul Wall is ice-grilling me from the big-screen TV; and 4) repeated requests from the household (and celebrity guests!) for heaping platefulls of smothered steak, mashed potatoes, collard greens, and - you guessed it - Texas Toast. More "Grape Kool-Aid", anyone?

While there is no cure for Houstonitis, the affliction itself has cured me of my decades-long addication to indie, underground, "conscious", and/or backpack rap. Give me the drawl, ya'll. Slim Thug. YES. Webbie? Why the fuck not? UGK! Always that, put it on repeat, Riding Dirty works for me. Free Pimp C. U goddamn right. I have two more words for ya'll. BOTANY. BOYS.
As long as no one brings up South Park Mexican, we're good to go.

Re: The Dukes of Hazzard. No I ain't see the movie, they don't have bootlegs in L.A. folks. However, if they'd re-made the film for Urban starring Lil' Kim as Daisy Duke, E-40 as Boss Hawg, and T.I. and Saafir as them Duke boys...I'd be in the front row with popcorn, candy and a tall glass of syrup.

DJ SCREW POR VIDA

Mira, Ja Una (La Payasita)

6 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Q said...

Seriously... cats like Slim Thug are misogynistic, violent, vulgar, simple-minded and don't really talk about anything worth meaning... but for some reason I CANNOT stop listening to "Already Platinum"... what is the deal?

"I don't take 'em out to eat
I ain't here to trick or treat
I ain't trying to fix your weave
I ain't heard of that!!
I'm just here to train ho's
Put 'em on the main road
Teach 'em how to 'Change Clothes'
I know you heard of that!!"

One of the dopest albums of the year... I mean, next to Common, ya know?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

"I got tha internet goin' Nuutz"..lol cool post.

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog post.

I thought your readers would like to see this site as well:
car insurance boston or check out http://www.officialautoinsurancedeal.com for car insurance boston info.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MJ your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on car diego insurance san I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about car diego insurance san. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up MJ! I just finished up a ten hour work day and decided to kick back and do some surfing. So I grabbed myself a drink and stumbled across your blog while doing some research on aaa car insurance for a upcoming project I am doing. Well even though this post isn’t what I was looking for I really enjoyed reading your blog. Your doing a great job and please keep up the good work. Lots of people do not keep their blogs up to date :0) There are some very interesting view points stated here. Anyways I am going to grab the bull by the horns and continue to plug away at aaa car insurance. I have already bookmarked your blog. You many want to visit me at aaa car insurance. You never know you might see something you like! Again great job.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MJ your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on car diego insurance san I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about car diego insurance san. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home