Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

July 01, 2005

All Natural Beauty


100% Natural

I always get comments in the streets about how good I smell, how smooth my skin looks, and how I have such shiny, healthy hair. Those of you who know me know about the whole organic health food regime on my Mom's side of the family, it's been going on for four generations now. My homegirls know a few of my beauty secrets, and some of them are hip to a few of the products I use. But today, in an unprecedented act, I'm going to share all my secrets right here on Pyramids 2 Projects. Check it out... And to all my gentlemen readers, don't leave yet, read ahead and click on these links - your grandmother, mother, aunties, sisters, daughters, and Queens will thank you for it!

It's Da Balm! For real, that's what it's called. Perfect for dancers, skaters, walkers, runners, bikers, or anyone who has owie feet.
www.capoieragear.com

I'm the third generation of women in my family to use this
pure Olive Oil soap. The best face soap, period.
www.kissmyface.com

Jasmine Petal Sea Salt Soak...relax in a hot bath and smell good doin' it.

www.africasgarden.com

The true test of a righteous person - do they wash up with
Dr. Bronner's? Peppermint, Lavender, or Almond are the best!
www.drbronner.com


For the teeth, I like Tom's of Maine flouride-free toothpaste in Cinnamint. To keep my teeth white I sometimes brush with a paste of pure baking soda and just enough water to make it stick to the toothbrush.


www.lifesvigor.com (Tom's of Maine no longer sells direct from their site, www.tomsofmaine.com)

Another wonderful bar soap,
Dudu Osun, the best of the Black soaps I've found.
www.afrikanrepublic.com

Try the
Aloe Herbal Hair Wash with Ylang-Ylang & Vanilla scent.
www.ebenenaturals.com

Alba deep conditioner is thick, rich and leaves a delicious scent in your hair. I use a teeny, tiny bit as a leave-in.
www.houseofnutrition.com (don't know if Alba has a website of their own, also available at Whole Foods markets!)

I can't live without the
Beeswax and Banana hand creme...it smells like yummy banana bread fresh from the oven
www.burtsbees.com (Also try the complexion soaps and the amazing citrus facial scrub)

The "Aries" scented
butter smells SOOO good...but my favorite is the CitrousCin.
www.myemagine.com (I met this Sister at a street fair in Eagle Rock, and her products are TO DIE FOR. Try the Milk bar soap, which doubles as a shampoo!)

Anahita's Hair Butter is divine, Heavenly Spirit Body Butter works every time!
www.warmspirit.com

Khoret Amen Shea Butter Hair Smoothie! Sweet Almond Cookie Oil! Mmmmm...yummy
www.carolsdaughter.com

Delicious
body scrubs in Ginger Sweet Coconut or Peppermint Dark Chocolate
www.inkylovesnature.com

I suggest
Aura, Honeydew Melon, or Hibiscus. My signature blend is Chocolate Kiss, Orange Blossom, and Peppermint (Essential Oil) mixed together - three parts chocolate, two parts orange, to one part peppermint.
www.bodytimeproducts.com (this is the original Body Shop, however when the company in the UK started they got richer faster and so they changed the name to Body Time, located on Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley, CA)

Hella Good! What more can I say?
www.hellagoodproducts.com

Shea Butter is the best moisturizer I've found for hands, feet, lips, even hair. I custom-scent this butter with an oil or two from Body Time, and keep it moving...
www.nasabb.com

Before I cut off all my hair, I used
this oil during the summer to prevent my hair from drying out. The scent is Tiare (Tahitian Gardenia) and it smells amazingly good. If you really want to go for the gusto, wear this scent along with the hair oil.
Monoi Tiare hair oil from http://mailorderhawaii.com and fabulous Hawaiin solid perfume from www.maliekauai.com

Try the
CitrousCin (Orange and Cinnamon) in the sugar scrub. Um, er, uhh...it's "lickable" literally, edible. Now that's all natural!
www.myemagine.com

Now ladies, if someone sent you a gift basket with all of the above items inside, not on a special occasion or "holiday" but just because...how pampered would you be?!!

I almost forgot!
Jane Carter Solution leave-in conditioning spray. It brings out the curls in my hair and it's not greasy at all. Thank you Jane!
www.thejanecartersolution.com

I've made my own sugar scrub with great success, the recipe is


1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Bustelo fine-ground coffee (or other "Spanish" espresso)
1 tablespoon madagascar vanilla
1 orange (juice, pulp and outer peel)
1 1/2 cups Sugar in the Raw
1/2 cup Sage Honey
3 cinnamon sticks, crumbled
1/4 cup rock salt

Mix into a paste and use as a body scrub in the bath or shower. Keeps in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Add an essential oil such as Rosemary or Peppermint, or some grated fresh Ginger root, for a more invigorating scrub. I made that up when I was living in Brooklyn, but it worked wonders, and people say if you take a bath in coffee you'll come in to money.

I guess this all started with my Mother who made her own candles from scratch in different colors, scents, shapes and sizes. Check out this site for
candle-making supplies, and this message board with tips on making homemade candles (and soap).

Check these techniques and tips from other women who get down the All Natural Way:

B-Girl Peppa

Funk Creative Diva

Yetunde Taiwo Rodriguez

Stephanie Rose Bird

Susie Parker Goins

Donna Maria

P.S. If you have any favorites to add on, post up in the comments or email me at mizmirandajane@yahoo.com

P.P.S. If you're reading this, and I shouted out your product, send me a lil gift basket or something, Please? Thank you.






33 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger The Fall Guy said...

checkit

Aiite.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger 121774 said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. penis enlargement reviews

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about fast food

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of health ohio spa
for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on health ohio spa
. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Jack Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my beauty salon indianapolis related site. It pretty much covers beauty salon indianapolis stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger bill naka said...

You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a african gift site. It pretty much covers african gift related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Thanks for you visit said...

Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Enlargement said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a enlargement penis tip related site. Most of the articles are on enlargement penis tip.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool stuff keep the posts comming enlargement free.com link penis

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **christmas gift** site/blog. It pretty much covers ##all christmas gift needs##

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

**christmas gifts****for everyone**

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about cosmetic beauty product. You should check it out sometime.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about matrix beauty product. You should check it out sometime.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love auto meet southeast swap tx then you will want to be there! All kinds of auto meet southeast swap tx will be in attendance. For more information go to auto meet southeast swap tx
See Ya There!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger banner ads said...

There is alot of Blogs, I never guessed I'd find some usefull information.

Thanks.
I'll be back later to see if anymore good updates are available.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger NYCGuy12 said...

Free Sensual Greeting Card

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a freelance article submission site which mostly consists of freelance article submission related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about sephra chocolate fountain
. You can check it out at sephra chocolate fountain


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Simon said...

I've just found your blog about mocha whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about mocha. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about mocha. I've just started my own blog about mocha if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger monkeyfast said...

**UPDATE! FREE SHIPPING FOR A LIMITED TIME!**

Better than klear action whitening and ION whitening systems! Half the
price too!

Welcome to PerfectlyWhite.com,

PerfectlyWhite.com is proud to present to you the first ever at home
laser whitening treatment. We are bringing you the most popular in
office treatment at home for the fraction of the cost! One laser
treatment at a doctors office can run around $600 as shown above. This
is very exciting news for anyone who is looking into whitening their
teeth professionally in the comfort of their own home. Best of all you
can have this plasma light technology for much less! The light is yours
to keep and can be used as many times as you like! You can achieve
professional results in less than 7 days! Our method also works in
between your teeth and deep down below the enamel. This procedure will
not damage or wear away the enamel.

How does it work?

Its very simple. The Plasma light will increase the breakdown speed of
Carbamide Peroxide, in turn releasing more oxygen which speeds up the
bleaching process. The oxygen acts as a bleaching agent that whitens
your teeth safely and effectively. This is why you can pay as much as $600
to get your teeth whitened professionally.

Plasma Laser Light Technology!

Never before seen in any at home whitening kit! Just Like at a real in
office visit, all our deluxe kits have the plasma light tool to
accelerate the whitening process. No one else offers this authentic at
home tool. Its Very easy to operate and safe to use. Accelerate your
whitening by as much as 300% with this method! This means whiter teeth
in less time!

At last, you no longer have to visit your dentist for that
white bright smile you have always wanted!

Our professional dental whitening kit is the same product used by many
of the top cosmetic dentists. Why consider paying up to $600, when for a
few short minutes per day, you to can achieve the exact same results in
the comfort of your own home. Best of all, it will cost you a fraction
of the price!

40% stronger than an in-office visit...

To provide you with superior results, our fully licensed line of
products is one of the industry's strongest and most effective tooth
whitening formulas. The main active ingredient is 35% Carbamide Peroxide.
This concentration is 40% stronger than most dentists use during an in
office visit!

A little more about our 7 day plasma treatment:

* This procedure will NOT harm or damage your tooth's enamel.

This system can't be found in stores!

We are the only internet site who sells this new product!

We are the exclusive seller of this NEW at home treatment!

You and your friends can take advantage of this treatment with just one
plasma light!

Plasma light treatment only takes on average 7 days to complete!

Results are 100% guaranteed and 100% safe! for more informationCLICK HERE

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty supply. You should check it out sometime.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.性爱

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger jembigsky506 said...

Hi MJ. So many sites I visited today, while looking for make up secrets of the stars pages to post to my blog, were full of garbage. It was nice to find something real at your site. Well, I better go look for some more make up secrets of the stars pages for my own readers. Thanks.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our website offers a range of wonderful gifts for various occasions such as holidays, weddings, birthdays, wedding anniversary, graduations, kids and other special occasions.

Gifts

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous fragrance oil said...

Nice blog MJ. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for fragrance oil related information and found your site. I have a fragrance oil site. You can find everything about candle supplies, gel candles, jar candles, and how to make your own candles. You'll find it very informative. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to see someone else interested in xango scam, my husband has diabetes so I have been trying to find out more!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Fruta Vida Girl said...

Thank you for writing a great blog about xango work at home. I have been working with a business that is trying to help people who sell xango work at home so you can be a walking billboard!!

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous fragrance oil said...

Nice blog MJ. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for candle kit making related information and found your site. I have a candle kit making site. You can find everything about candle supplies, gel candles, jar candles, and how to make your own candles. You'll find it very informative. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sick of standing in line for Holiday purchases? Now you dont have to and you can save 20%. We just reduced our prices 20% in celebration of the holidays. Choose from Electronics, Clothes, Kitchen Items, Beautiful Jewelry, Toys, Watches and more. Over 15000 items to choose from all at reduced prices.

http://www.worldgifthaven.com

dog breed gift

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous richly scented candle said...

Fantastic blog you've got here MJ, I was looking for scented candle related information and found your site. I have a scented candle site. You can find everything about candle supplies, gel candles, jar candles, and how to make your own candles. You'll find it very informative. Stop by and check it out when you can.

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous candle kit making said...

Hi MJ, very unique blog you have! I was looking for candle wax related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a candle wax site. You can find everything about candle supplies, gel candles, jar candles, and how to make your own candles. You'll find it very informative. Please visit it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home