Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

June 25, 2005

CASSIDY'S B-BOY STANCE...>


I HEART CASSIDY

Just so you know, I've been hearing of the kid
Cassidy for many a year now. Since pre-my Source bid, the moniker was ringing bells in the NY area due to some mixtape buzz...and obviously the fact that the boy's a hustla. I didn't love the single, save the remix with Mary J. Blige, and the first video didn't really send me. But last night changed it all. Keep your eyes peeled here and here and maybe even here until you catch a glimpse of the new video, B-Boy Stance. First off, young Cassidy has some footwork and I'M NOT MAD. With Kurtis Blow, DJ Jazzy Joyce, and a bevy of B-Boys and B-Girls rockin out video-wide; he's already winning.

But the brief moment he takes to CLOWN Fiddy and 'em with some look-alikes dancing in Speedos that read "B-UNIT" across the arse...I'd like to fucken die of laughter. Tears were rolling down my face. Does this imply "bitch unit"?! Is he alluding to The Game's alleged former employment (or lack thereof) as a "male exotic dancer"? I mean, I mean, money's got a fukken butterfly tattoed on his g'damn face, now look. Something's right on with the whole B-Unit thing.

Irregardless, how can anyone hate on a young, pretty Philly D-Boy like Cassidy who also got some B-Boy in him? NOT ME. I LOVE THE KID! I love a hustla. And at the end of the day, I don't care about the
details of the recent shooting. Nor do I care if he's locked up, no bail. He turned himself in, probably not realizing I would've helped him get to Cuba. I mean, if some shit is goin' down, I want someone like Barry "Cassidy" Reese, who's willing to go the extra mile, get a couple of his homies, crack out the .45 and .40 caliber handguns, 9 mm pistols, AK-47 assault rifles and 7.62 mm rifles and buck 'em down. But after all, everything at this point is just alleged anyway -- who's to say who got shot, by whom, when, how or why? Honestly, some people just need shooting. And others are just...fresh to death...coolin' in they B-Boy stance.

Cassidy, as soon as U get settled in (assuming you don't beat the case) keep an eye on the mail cart for a kite from the gal. I got your back, Sun.


** note - I already hear the crackas crackin' so check this out. It's not that all rappers are drug dealers and murderers, or that most rappers are any of these things. It's just that an assortment of crimeys have turned to rap -- and hey, everyone deserves a chance to make good with their lives, or to enjoy a mid-life career change. Take it from someone who's been in the streets AND industry; sometimes the rap game reminds you of the crack game, but it's a helluva lot easier staying up all night recording than staying up all night curb-servin and pig-dodging. I know you wish you could eradicate Hip Hop, but your dumb asses can't even get your kids and grandkids to stop listening to "that goddamn rap noise" or turn off "those filthy rap video shows". Stop dreaming and quit your crying, 'cause it ain't gonna happen. Now shut the fuck up before Gucci Mane sends his goons for you.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now shut the fuck up before Gucci Mane sends his goons for you."

gal you got me cryin laughin ova here! you so icey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home