Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

June 30, 2005

STRICTLY KINGS, QUEENS, AND BETTER...>


From the 2003 Hall of Fame...>

I had an itchy, apprehensive, melancholy feeling all weekend. I tried and tried to teleport myself to New York, to the corner of 106th and Park Avenue, but couldn't quite get there. Before I even got my Tools of War newsletter, I knew it was coming. Around this time in June, for damn near as many years back as I've been livin on this earth, the greatest Graffiti artists of all time have convened in Harlem to pay tribute to the Graf Gods. Belton/Mototow, Montana, even Krylon; they sacrifice thousands and thousands of cans every year.

I've been so blessed in my life, from meeting Afrika Bambaataa, DJ Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Grandmaster Caz, Busy Bee, and so many more legends of Hip Hop. But my greatest wealth of friends and acquaintances comes from the close-knit community of Graffiti Kings. I've had the immense pleasure of watching some of the best of the best, strictly kings, queens, and better, paint -
KEO X-MEN/TOP, DURO CIA, DOC TC5, WANE 1 COD, KET ONE RIS, KEL 1ST and MARE 139, JAMES TOP, STAY HIGH 149, LADY PINK, CHINO BYI, and so many more.

So if you're in NYC, run, don't walk, to the yard to check out the illness on walls that is the Graffiti Hall of Fame. And hurry up before the inevitable haters, toys and the wack come through and tag some bullshit over a piece of fine art.

And if you wanna make a donation toward my plane ticket to NY, hit me up with cash, money order, or a check at the address next to the photo of the lady with HIP HOP tattoed across her back. Trust you'll be blessed back one-hundred-fold if you do.

PEACE TO THE HALL OF FAMERS, 2005...> LOVE IS LOVE

4 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Q.Rock639 said...

are us sure you didn't teleport to NY? Your post are on some back to the future time dates. Need to back up the Delorean a few days i think...

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger WALASIA "MJ" SHABAZZ said...

LMAO I'm actually slowing the DeLorean WAAAAAAY down 'cause I'm light years ahead of these crabs! Now I'm just a few days ahead of e'body else.

11

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was an eye opener, i didn't appreciate the information in that way beforefrom home make money I learned something from home make money

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good post. Look at my site if you can. Thanks! cash money lil` wayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home