Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

December 11, 2005

City of Lost Angels


This is what it looked like outside my bedroom window when I woke up this morning. Beautiful, huh? I'm not trying to piss off my family in Minneapolis, MN or out in New York; where I know it's brick, ugly, coooooollllllddd, and where there's no palm trees - I just wanted to remind all of ya'll to come visit sometime(s).

I'm anxiously awaiting a couple of people who claim they're coming out from New York. If I can't get to Now Why at least bits and pieces of it can come to me.

I don't have anything to say about Hip Hop today, sorry for all of you who read this for that. I finally got my old-school laptop hooked back up and working, and I spent the majority of the weekend bumping all my oldies that I haven't heard for so long. It really hit me how much of Doom's production on mmm...food and his other work circa that era came off of that laptop, right out of my collection of funk, soul, r&b, blues, etc. Maybe I'll Ebay that bitch someday and make the $ back that way.

A lot of those songs remind me of days far away; more than anything certain songs correllate with my memories of certain people. I really think it's time that our generation makes more soul music, in the style of my old-school slow jams, because we've lost so much love. Everyone's a hater, most people hate to love. It makes me sad sometimes to hear the sincerity and true love message in those jams from the 50s and early 60s. We've truly lost our innocence, and pushed the envelope on how violent and sexual we can make our music; leaving behind any regard for the love that should fill our hearts when we make music.

Anyway, I'm out, it's time to jog to Jamba Juice on Larchmont and GET BUFF OR DIE TRYIN.

yeahdat

MGZA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home