Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

June 01, 2005

I'm Going, Going...Back, Back...


Travel in Harmony...>

What a long, strange trip it's been. One day I was working in the Westwood offices of Fox Kids TV, the next day I was packing all my shit to move to New York (again) after KET called to ask me to come work for a new magazine called Ecko.Complex. That was 5 years ago, but in a lot of ways it seems like an eternity; and in some ways it seems like just yesterday.

So on Saturday evening, I'll be flying back "home" to Los Angeles. First I'll see my best friend from college (YES, I went to college, well, a little bit) Stacy. Inevitably I'll hook up with Monalisa and check out some new hang-out thing she's telling me about called "The Do-Over". And at some point I'll see my "family" many of whom I haven't laid eyes on in quite some time.

I can't say that I'll stay in L.A. forever. I already have plots and schemes to visit the Bay or perhaps stay there for a while...a lot of my old-school folks are back around that way, from Q-Shy to Allen Scott Gordon to Jennifer Johns, so it seems once again that SF/Oakland are hotbeds of culture like they were in my late teens and early twenties.

I'm going to miss a lot of the people I connected with here in Minneapolis. I'll definitely blog more about my experiences here when I jump back online. And I hope I get a chance to make it back here soon. In a lot of ways, I now rep for L.A., Oakland, Brooklyn, and Minneapolis. Who knows what travels are ahead? Go ask Enki.

I'll holla back.

ONE LOVE

Miranda Jane

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Q said...

Wow, you sure move around alot...

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger WALASIA "MJ" SHABAZZ said...

Q! ?Que Onda?

Yes it's true, I move around a lot... It's this HIP HOP shit man, it keeps me broke, single, and travelling...

Glad U still doing your thing.

PEACE

Miranda

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

minneapolis will never be the same mj,

thanks for all the luv & support.

good luck on the next leg of your tour.

LUV.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Q.Rock639 said...

see you when you get here...P says what up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home