Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

May 19, 2005

HIP HOP, B-GIRL STYLE...>


Don't Hate...ELEVATE

"Originally, B-Girl meant break girl or Bronx girl. Breaking is the generic term for what is formally considered B-Boying or B-Girling by hip-hop purists, used to describe the style of dance stemming from hip-hop culture which emerged in the South Bronx during the early 1970s. Today, the term B-Girl has grown to encompass women who are directly involved with or heavily impacted by hip-hop culture."Miranda Jane, hip- hop journalist and editor (Minneapolis Women's Press, May 18, 2005)

Well well well, I'll be damned, I might as well tell you who I am... I am the capital M I R A, I don't play, so just listen to the words I say...c'mon

The lovely in the photo is SARAH WHITE, a supremely dope and talented Vocalist, Musician, MC, Poetess, and Hip Hop Mom. She's a member of the B-Girl Be Advisory Board, and she fuckin ROCKS. You might know her from her ol'skool crew TRADITIONAL METHODS... Check her out, and this fresh cover story from the Minnesota Women's Press, and get your B-Girl weight up. Even B-96, the major radio affiliate here in MN, is showing the love...

There's a female in town named DESDAMONA. She's a sheer force of nature lyrically, and she's musically unfuckwitable. Her LP, THE LEDGE, is available now...just holla @ the gal. Oh did I mention Sly & Robbie produced six tracks on her album?

Something happened to my original version of this post, but I used it to shout out DESSA of DOOMTREE, as well as a dope female producer JEWEL BROWN from For the Love Productions...plus LADY PINK, PSALM ONE, DJ KUTTIN KANDI, and B-GIRL ASIA ONE. I guess Blogger's not perfect, or else I got hacked?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home