Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

April 04, 2005

Fear of a Black Pope


The Once and Future Pontiff...>


Well, no disrespect to the Catholics, but the dead pope photos are over the top. By popular demand, I’m going to speak on this whole pope thing. First of all, I can’t mourn someone who had an (albeit feeble) hand in the molestation of young boys by priests. On a more personal note, one of my best friends in high school dropped out right before graduation ‘cause she was pregnant – she didn’t go on to college – she now works a shit job somewhere in Culver City and has six kids. Her life would’ve been different sans Catolica, people.

So now that this old, decrepit John Paul MF’er is actually dead, a new saga is heating up. Will the next pope be Black? There are a number of news articles popping up within the Black press calling for a Black pope . At this point, we can only hope that the world as a whole is a little less ignant than the world as Amerikkka. Shit, more than two-thirds of the world’s Catholic population are people of color, so for once, world, can someone get it right? I know the Italians are hating on this concept more than they hated on H.I.M. Haile Sellassie I back in the day, but I think your average everyday Catholic would prefer a pontiff who ain’t shook, and who will greet revelers without being encased in a plastic bubble.

I'll let ya'll marinate on that one. Joy to the world.


Pope Script - (The) God has spoken to me, and I must now shout out some other "Hip Hop Bloggers" and their recent papal-posts

Vicar of Christ @ Urban Honking

Jesus, I Ain't Tryin to Be Facetious @ a/k/a GunYoga


Was Pope JPII Teh Ghey? @ Byron Crawford Dot Com





2 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ MF Pope

- ML

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger soce said...

Maybe something like in Angels and Demons will happen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home