Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

July 29, 2006

Streets are Watching/Their Eyes Are Watching God
































Meditating in the bath a few nights back, right after listening to 18 With a Bullet, I had a strange feeling about one of my dearly beloved friends. The next day another friend told me he'd been shot a couple of weeks back, but that he was recovering.

Last night a few people on MySpace posted bulletins that Prodigy of Mobb Deep was murdered in Queens near 43rd. I still haven't been able to clarify if that is truth or rumour.

Today I went to the location where my friend was shot to assess the energy level, and cleanse what I could. After coming home this news story appeared in my email box -
5 Murdered in New Orleans - and then right after perusing The Bishop on the Israel/Lebanon violence and the lack of Hip Hop blogger/media reaction I happened upon this news piece about an alleged Muslim-against-Jew shooting in Seattle.

There's a pattern here, and it isn't for the faint of heart. Random violence. Black-on-Black violence. Violence overseas and on this soil based on race/religion/ethnicity. Rumoured "rap violence" again. There's a maelstorm of hatred that makes the recent weather patterns look like Spring rain. I don't know if Paris is burning but you can almost smell the singed Cyprus trees from here.

A Halal butcher and a Kosher butcher follow the same ancient guidelines when killing a
chicken - all over the world. In other religious practices, such as Santeria, the blood of a chicken is for certain rites and the meat becomes an offering to the Saints. In Indonesia the chicken has great significance during the Hindu cremation ceremony.

In the 'hood the poorest kids eat the grimiest chicken fried in yesterday's grease, no one cares how the meat is slaughtered, or even if it's authentically chicken - only in America.

And only in America, to paraphrase Malcolm X, can all these chickens come home to roost.
To quote my dear friend Aziz, "If you ain't fam, you food."

Are you ready for war?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home