Who links to me?
Google
Take the MIT Weblog Survey Who links to me?

March 28, 2007

(Baby), Your Time is Gonna Come

My face. Pretty on demand. Cute at sunrise, fresh and clean. Only for one moment in time was this visage ever too painfully beautiful to behold.

I saw the reflection of that hurt in your eyes.

Each and every time I was sweet, you chose to see a flaw. When I brought you dinner, you didn't care for the way the light hit me...not that I was ugly...just that my beauty was, in the eye of the beholder, secondary.

Days when you were sick half to death, and I nursed you back to health? You only appreciated my inner glow. The beauty from within.

Until one night, cold, crisp, clear and starry. I'd reached the point of no return, you see, Baby? And at that very moment, my heart turned colder than ice, and I erased the memory of you from my mind. Just then you gazed into my eyes; ashamed, so you quickly drew me into your embrace. Terrified, yet so drawn to me, when you saw the haughty, self-righteous, cold-hearted and utter beauty of my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home